1 Feb 2013

. GetToKnow . [caleb dobie]



D1 MODELS LONDON . LONDON BOY BORN AND BRED



 How were you scouted?

I was never scouted I decided I wanted to be a model at 19 years old but everyone was saying my look was too ‘street’. Then I went away and come back at 22 and I was still being told my look was too tough and street looking it wouldn't appeal to clients.. 

Then the owner of Disorder magazine wanted me for a Vivienne Westwood editorial and that basically made people wake up and realize how good I was.. There were issues with my height because I'm only 5'10 that's really short for a male. Then at 23 years old I went to d1 Models, in my eyes there the coolest modelling agency for males because they have real boys that come from the real world.. They rejected me but I said I will come back and prove you wrong and I did. I bleached my hair from brown to blonde and they took me. I had interest from other agencies but I always said I want to be with d1, I knew that I would do well with them.. 

It hasn't gone as well as I thought it would, but in 12 months I've shot for some of the best magazines around and I do some really good editorials I've seen a lot of editorials some models do and it's just so cheesy and rubbish with mine I work the camera and I'm lucky that my look means I don't do cheesiness I get type cast for a lot of mean and edgy stuff.


 Was modeling something you always wanted to do?

Modelling wasn't something I always wanted to do, no, I wanted to play football but that didn't work out for many reasons, I always wanted to do something big and to be proud of with my name 'Caleb' for my friend that passed away when I was 13 years old with the same name.. That's what's drove me to become as best as I can be as a model I don't care about the life style the parties or anything I want to be get to the point when I think I've made our name big enough then I quit at the top that's what it’s always been about for me not the money.


 Do you ever get shy in front of the camera?

I never get shy in front of the camera I love it, a bit too much I think I see it as a challenge to out shine the models I'm modelling with at the time and I don't normally disappoint.. I'm lucky that my look is very unique and it makes people interested so it makes the picture interesting..

 Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

In 10 years I’ll be 35 years old or dead who knows, but I want to have thought I achieved what I wanted to in modelling getting the name 'Caleb' on models.com and being seen as a really good model.. Then hope I'm a booker that's what I want to do when I quit, become a booker at d1 models. I've already told them because I know what it's like to get knock backs as a model and go back and get knocked back again I could advice potential models from my experience and relate to them whereas a lot of model bookers these days have never modeled.


 5 things you can't live without?

iPhone, Internet, laptop, music and T.V. These 5 things keep me company when bored or travelling.

 What’s your motto?

'if your looks good enough then your tall enough'&'winners never quit, quitters never win'

 Describe yourself in one word

Grafter 'means someone that works hard'


edgy . unique . with attitude! v&f xx



1 comment: